Land Use Referrals to the Provincial Archaeology Office
- Land Use Referrals to the Provincial Archaeology Office
- Provincial Archaeology Office, Department of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development
- Contact Email:
- Geographical Coverage:
- Number of land use referrals per year by type of referral.
- Open Data Newfoundland and Labrador
- Temporal Coverage:
- Released Date:
- Modified Date:
- Open Government Licence
- Additional Description:
- The PAO receives land use referrals from a variety of Government Departments, as well as from federal and municipal sources relative to its regulatory requirement to protect historic resources under the Historic Resources Act. A record of these referrals is kept as a tracking mechanism to aid in the continuing evaluation of this program.
Caveats/Notes for Use:
The increasing figures represent not only increased numbers of development applications, but a continuing development and refinement of the program. Under current heritage legislation, there are no regulatory mechanisms that require land use developments in the province to be referred to the PAO. Referrals are made as a result of formalized land development processes and agreements between provincial Government departments as well as with municipal and federal governments.
|Title||Format||File size (bytes)||Action|
|Land Use Referrals to the Provincial Archaeology Office||CSV||2 KB (2344 bytes)||Download file|