The Open Government Licence - Newfoundland and Labrador is based on version 2.0 of the Open Government Licence - Canada, which was developed through public consultation and collaborative efforts by provincial and federal governments. The only substantive changes to the licence are references to the province of jurisdiction and the name of the public body.
You are encouraged to use the Information that is available under this licence with only a few conditions.
Using Information under this licence
1. Use of any of the Information indicates your acceptance of the terms below.
2. The Information Provider grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the Information, including for commercial purposes, subject to the terms below.
You are free to:
3. Copy, modify, publish, translate, adapt, distribute or otherwise use the Information in any medium, mode or format for any lawful purpose.
You must, where you do any of the above:
4. Acknowledge the source of the Information by including any attribution statement specified by the Information Provider and, where possible, provide a link to this licence.
If the Information Provider does not provide a specific attribution statement, or if you are using Information from several Information Providers and multiple attributions are not practical for your product or application, you must use the following attribution statement:
Contains information licensed under the Open Government Licence - Newfoundland and Labrador.
5. The terms of this licence are important, and if you fail to comply with any of them, the rights granted to you under this licence, or any similar licence granted by the Information Provider, will end automatically.
6. This licence does not grant you any right to use:
a. Personal Information;
b. Third party rights the Information Provider is not authorized to licence;
c. The names, crests, logos, or other official symbols of the Information Provider; and,
d. Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks and official marks.
7.This licence does not grant you any right to use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the Information Provider endorses you or your use of the Information.
8. The Information is licensed "as is", and the Information Provider excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Information, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
9. The Information Provider is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information, and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use or otherwise arising in connection with this licence or the Information. The Information Provider does not guarantee the continued supply of the Information.
10. This licence is governed by the laws of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador and the applicable laws of Canada.
11. Legal proceedings related to this licence may only be brought in the courts of Newfoundland and Labrador.
12. In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
"Information Provider" refers to Her Majesty in right of Newfoundland and Labrador.
"Information" means information resources or records protected by copyright or other information or records that are offered for use under the terms of this licence.
"Personal Information" has the meaning set out in s.2(u) of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015 SNL 2015 Chapter A-1.2.
"You" means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this licence.
13. This is version 1.0 of the Open Government Licence for Newfoundland and Labrador, derived from version 2.0 of the Open Government Licence for Canada. The Information Provider may make changes to the terms of this licence from time to time and issue a new version of the licence. Your use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the licence in force as of the date you accessed the Information.